This Week in InDesign Articles, Number 99
Okay, I’m embarassed to admit that I thought I published this post last week, but there is was in my drafts folder. Oops! Sorry about that. So now this list is waaaaay long. Fortunately, it’s all good stuff!
- Are you new to InDesign? You gotta’ watch Terry White’s 10 Things Beginners Want to Do at Adobe TV.
- Has XML failed book publishing? That’s the question Thad McIlroy is asking over at thefutureofpublishing. Go read his thoughts and then read the very lively and educational comments!
- Anne-Marie’s awesome “InDesign to EPUB, Kindle, and iPad” title has been updated for CS6 at lynda.com! Even if you’re not a subscriber, check out the free “Using free scripts to automate text formatting” movie.
- Here’s another new lynda.com title: InDesign for Web Design, by Michael Murphy. Whether or not you have ever considered using InDesign for wireframes and other Web design elements, you have to check this out! (Remember that if you don’t have a subscription, you can get a week free with this link.)
- David Bergsland’s “Writing In InDesign” is now at version 2.5 as an ePUB and it has embedded fonts.
- InDesign to WordPress?! Check out this really cool feature of PageZephyr 2.5 from Markzware (Mac only). Zephyr is a fascinating app that can index, search for, and extract content from a wide variety of proprietary formats (including QX and ID).
- Need to grab content from a digital asset management (DAM) database and drag-and-drop it right into InDesign? It’s easy with tools from MediaBeacon and Silicon Publishing!
- Do you parlez Français? If so, check out these three free movies recorded by our colleague and friend Branislav Milic:
- From our good friends at InDesign Magazine comes this terrific article about using paragraph rules by Nigel French. Good stuff!
- Our friend Michael Witherell has come up with three interesting-looking CS Extension panels. I haven’t used them yet, but if you like clicking buttons to drive InDesign, you’ll love ’em!
- If you’re trying to keep up with all the changes in DPS, keep your eye on Sandee and Diane’s blog, such as this piece on the new Build 24 features. Also, you’re going to want to look at this new sample app from Adobe!
- I am very intrigued by Blurb’s new self-publishing tools to make magazines. We’ve seen something similar from MagCloud. Still investigating how Blurb is different, but I love Blurb’s custom books, so I’m sure they’re on the right track.
- Kelly wrote up an amazing graphic trick to making a chevron pattern in InDesign a while back, but I don’t think I ever linked to it.
- Trying to make an index in InDesign? Did I ever link to this amazing script?