This Week in InDesign Articles, Number 113
You know that feeling when you glance up at your calendar and think, “wait, I thought it was still September!” It’s a crazy, whirlwind time of life, especially now that we’re in the middle of so many holidays. (It feels like a nonstop party from Halloween until early January around here!)
Well, that’s it. I’m stopping for a moment. I’m just going to sit here and type up a few of the many InDesign related links I’ve been saving for you.
- It’s always good to save money on brochure printing
- Before you make your grid-based document design, consider heading over to Gridelicious
- If you haven’t heard of Multi Find/Change… It’s like iTunes for Find/Change…
- Okay, I know this is an InDesign site, not a Muse site, but I think all InDesign users should keep up with what’s new in Muse. You’re going to want to use this program someday!
- Do you know how to calibrate your screen display for color management?
- This is wonderfully tweaky, but weirdly one of my favorite topics: What’s the best way to make an ellipsis?
- Hey, there’s a new issue of Adobe Inspire out! (Unfortunately, there doesn’t appear to be anything about InDesign in it, but there are some good articles by Nigel and other friends we know.)
- Nigel French covers
- Want to learn how to make a text highlighter? Here’s a short free video at lynda.com
DPS and Tablet Apps
- If you’re building any of the social media sharing options into your DPS apps, you’d better take a look at this.
- New DPS videos:
- Bart Van de Wiele on previewing on your iPad using the folio builder vs folio overlays panel
- What you need to know to sell DPS apps on the Apple store, by Martin Perhiniak
Just for Fun
- I love this Design Superheroes calendar! Very, very funny.