This Month in InDesign Articles, March 2020
OK, you know how sometimes you’re sure you’ve done something, but then you realize — oops! Didn’t actually happen? Well, that’s me, right now… thinking that I had published this set of articles back in January! But no… it’s not there. Sorry everyone! Actually, some of these links go back several months, but they’re still great reads.
- On the 20th anniversary of InDesign:
- Fun article: How Adobe InDesign took over publishing with Steve Jobs’ help
- Great video of K2 being announced: Adobe InDesign 1 0 Sneak Peak, with Steve Jobs
- Awesome anniversary video from Adobe
- Digital Arts weighs in on the history
- What’s the best online course to watch?
- If you were involved with Quark and QuarkXPress back in the ’90s, like I was, you might be curious where the money went… this article made me very happy.
- There is a secret baseline option that is only accessible through scripting: the em-box. Read about it here. Not entirely sure why it’s there or what it does, but it’s fascinating!
- Working on EPUB files? Consider getting the Ace App to test for accessibility issues.
- This was a great find by Colin Flashman: A script to alert people when they accidentally use the Registration color.
- Here’s another awesome tool… a way to get alerted when opening an InDesign/InCopy document that contains notes