This Week in InDesign Articles, Number 92
Howdy y’all! It’s a beautiful day in the neighborhood, and we’re all using InDesign! Here are some offers, articles, and thoughts that you should definitely consider:
- Remember, if you’re on CS3 or later, you can get the Adobe Creative Cloud for only $29.99/month for the first year, this special offer only good until end of August!
- Would you like to be able to export HTML5 directly out of InDesign? Check out this amazing KickStarter project, from the good folks at ajar (makers of cool scripts). Looks compelling!
- lightroom in creative cloud now (old news!)
- The Adobe Exchange is coming to an InDesign panel near you! Check out this new preview on Adobe Labs!
- Here’s a good article on how to make Better Line Endings by Jim Felici at CreativePro.com
- The Mac OS has a wonderful feature called QuickLook: when you select a document and press the spacebar, you can see a preview of it. However, it doesn’t work for InDesign files! Ben Melville wrote to me and pointed out this free tool (called inddQLgenerator.dmg) that gives the OS the power to read INDD previews. (The site is in German. Here’s an English translation.) I haven’t used it yet? someone try it and let us know if it works. (There are other quick look add-ons out there, such as Code-Line’s, which we talked about in this blog post, and MetaDesign Solutions.)
- If you want to create iPad apps with Adobe’s DPS solution, you must know how to organize your file structures. (And it helps to be a little OCD about it.)
- When I saw the folks from Blurb at pepcon this year, I asked about electronic (such as iPad) versions of their books. Looks like they’re moving forward with that!
- Here’s a wonderful little article about why your typographic choices make a difference!