Join us online November 18–19, 2024 for the 3rd annual Design + Marketing Summit—the essential HOW-TO event to master design and production techniques for social media, email, print, and more.
Today, designers must understand marketing more than ever before, and marketers must understand both design and production. You’ll learn practical techniques to boost your productivity, efficiency, and quality with InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Canva, Adobe Express, and more.
If you want to master the tools to take your marketing assets to the next level, you can’t afford to miss this event.
- Trending design techniques in InDesign + Illustrator + Photoshop
- Generative AI for design and marketing
- Print design and marketing
- What you need to know when designing emails
- Canva and Express techniques for pro designers
- Marketing fundamentals every designer and marketer should understand
- Animation and video for designers
- Digital personalization and customization for print and digital marketing
- Social media do’s and don’ts for designers
- How understanding these six core human motivators changes everything
The agenda for our 2024 event will be announced soon!
2023 Day 1
Sometimes it can seem like designers and marketers are speaking two totally different languages, which can lead to wasted time, suboptimal results, and unnecessary frustration. In this session, Amy Balliett gets designers and marketers on the same page, speaking the same language while exploring the basics of SEO optimization, email marketing, and more.
You’ll learn the key components that should be part of every campaign, including:
- Setting SMART goals
- Creating a strategy roadmap
- Measuring your success
Catching viewers’ attention is harder than ever these days. And staying on top of the latest trends can feel like a never-ending hamster wheel. Thankfully, Jesus Ramirez is here to share his favorite tips and techniques for creating eye-catching images in Photoshop.
- Creating advanced masks with Blend If
- Using Neural Filters in creative ways to create stunning effects
- Photoshop scripts to set up documents or combine images
- Creating color effects using Adjustment Layers
- Custom brushes for better masks and creative effects
Knowing how to work with motion is quickly becoming a must for any designer. Thankfully, it’s not as intimidating as you think! Emmy-winning motion designer Kyle Hamrick is passionate about guiding beginners through their first steps into this exciting and rapidly-growing corner of the design world. By the end of this session, you’ll be armed with a variety of user-friendly techniques for bringing designs to life through animation, across multiple Adobe apps.
- How to leverage your existing design skills while adding time and movement
- How to structure your design files for animation
- Approachable techniques to animate designs in Adobe Express, Photoshop, and After Effects
- How to easily customize existing animations using Motion Graphics Templates (aka “MOGRTs”) in Premiere Pro
Grab a bite to eat and come chat at our “virtual table” along with our speakers and experts from around the world.
Talk to a marketer, and you’ll get the sense that email makes the world go ‘round. But how do you do it well? What considerations do you need to keep in mind? And what if you and HTML aren’t exactly BFFs? Don’t miss this eye-opening session to stay on top of the latest and greatest in the buzzing world of email marketing.
- Creating accessible email designs
- Balancing live text and visually-appealing graphics
- Designing with progressive enhancements in mind
- Including email styles in your brand book
Here’s a not-so-secret secret: Adobe Express has a lot to offer even the most veteran designer. Adobe Express Ambassador and professional brand strategist Phil Pallen suggests it’s not a replacement for the Adobe apps we all know and love, but rather, an additional tool that complements existing workflows while expanding your output and effectiveness.
You’ll learn how to:
- Streamline creative processes using Adobe Express
- Empower others in your organization to create content (which enables designers to focus on high-impact work)
- Leverage multi-page templates and assets in your Creative Cloud libraries
- Seamlessly integrate Adobe Express with other Creative Cloud apps
- Launch a campaign across Pinterest, Instagram, TikTok, and more in minutes
Canva continues to explode in popularity and pro designers everywhere are taking note! With a little know-how, you’ll see how easy it is to lighten your workload by responsibly empowering the non-designers on your team. You’ll quickly see that by taking advantage of Canva’s collaboration tools, you can minimize revisions, boost productivity, and save everyone time. Brodi-Rose Newsome has been leveraging Canva for professional designers since its early days. In this session, she shares her tried-and-true strategies for creating and maintaining a brand hub in Canva, building on-brand templates to share across your team (or with clients), and how to make the most of it all by getting everyone on your team up to speed quickly.
You’ll learn how to:
- Make the most of Canvas Brand Hub feature for creating templates, building and managing an asset collection, and preventing unauthorized edits
- Avoid re-inventing the wheel with best practices for using Canva alongside your favorite Adobe programs
- Increase productivity with teams using real-time visual collaboration
- Understand Canva’s licensing terms and how you can use them as an in-house designer
- Best communicate with non-designer team members on everything from brand guidelines to output controls
2023 Day 2
We can all agree that creating inclusive content is essential, but how do we know if we’re doing it right? Sabrena Deal provides practical guidelines for using inclusive language, selecting inclusive imagery, making inclusive formatting choices, and publishing with inclusivity in mind. She’ll define terms, humanize inclusive design benefits, and leave you feeling inspired to take practical steps toward embodying your inclusive values in your work.
- Why inclusive design benefits everyone
- How to bypass copywriting pitfalls
- How to choose inclusive typefaces
- How to avoid tokenism in imagery
Feeling intimidated by color theory? Unsure of your ability to choose and apply color schemes to your works of design and art? You’re not alone! Fortunately, getting a handle on the wild and wonderful world of color can be a lot more straightforward than you think. In this down-to-earth session, Jim Krause, author of over 20 books and video courses on color theory, graphic design, and photography, will show you how to greatly simplify and enhance your approach to—and appreciation of—color.
- Just enough color theory to make you dangerous (in a good way)
- How to diagnose and treat nauseating color schemes
- Things about the color wheel “they” don’t want you to know
- How to stay up-to-date on the latest color trends
If you’re a designer, Artificial Intelligence might seem like an illusive beast set on putting you out of work, but it doesn’t have to be that way. AI is now unavoidable. It’s here to stay and it’s getting smarter by the day and it can either work for you, or against you. In this session, you’ll learn ways to use AI to further your career, make your job easier, and level up your work.
- What AI tools are best to use and why
- How to use AI to meet tight budgets and improve design processes
- How to ensure you win more work with AI rather than losing work to AI
Grab a bite to eat, and come chat at our “virtual table” along with our speakers and experts from around the world.
You’re just one person, but the social media wish list from the marketing department is enough work for ten people. What do you do? Von Glitschka shows you how to turbocharge your workflow with templates that combine Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop to quickly output work to multiple platforms in a variety of formats. Don’t miss this tips and tricks so you can stop re-inventing the wheel!
You’ll learn how to:
- Leverage templates to save time and frustration
- Take advantage of Illustrator’s Asset Export panel
- Make sense of all the various size requirements for different platforms and posts
- Use Photoshop Smart Objects to save even more time!
You may not have “copywriter” in your job title, but now’s your chance to gain some useful copywriting skills. Learn the fundamentals, and you’ll be able to put them to good use all over the place—whether you’re captioning social media posts, writing emails and landing pages, or crafting compelling marketing messages.
In this session, you’ll discover how to:
- Speak to the most important person of all: your reader
- Use the magic power of… honesty
- Streamline and turbocharge your text
Get to know Sara a little better with our recent article, Interview with Sara Rosinksy, Crackerjack Copywriter.
Every designer has their favorite go-to tools and resources, but there’s a lot out there and it’s hard to know what's worth checking out and what’s not. Thankfully, Theresa Jackson is here to share her favorite tried-and-true resources for everything from design elements and fonts, to podcasts and AI tools.
- Trusted collections of design elements and typography
- Fresh sources for inspiration
- Helpful tools for creating and working with color themes, fonts, AI, and more
2024 speakers to be announced soon!
Your registration includes:
- Livestream access to all sessions and live speaker Q&A
- One year of on-demand access to all session and Q&A session recordings
- Speaker handouts and resources from the world’s top experts
- Savings on future live and online CreativePro events with the alumni discount.
All pricing in USD. See CreativePro member discount information below.
If you currently are a member, sign in to view your discount code.
*Please note: Discounts are available for nonprofit, government, education, CreativePro members, and alumni of CreativePro events. Discounts cannot be combined (including CreativePro member discount). Discounts cannot be added after you have registered. Please contact us here for discount information prior to registering.
CreativePro and its brands are independently-owned and not endorsed or authorized by Adobe Systems Incorporated or Microsoft. Adobe, Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign are registered trademarks of Adobe Systems, Inc. Word, Excel, and PowerPoint are registered trademarks of Microsoft.