Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
May 26, 2024 at 6:57 am in reply to: Change font format with the GREP to change foreign language in document #14403701
Jim SwiftParticipantDepending on how the document was made, you MIGHT? be able to use the normal Find/Change to do this.
If you search using:
Find Format:
Advanced Character Formats
Language: Try the English Options
You might be able to select the english text.You could then just enter an Italic Character style in the change Format
This worked for me in one document which had P??i words that I needed to italicize. It was a bit crazy, because InDesign had labelled them as ar-SA (arabic!!!)
Jim SwiftParticipantJust to clarify my earlier post, James. I did not set up another account. That was done by prsupport@adobe.com. But when they did that I was able to login in with my current account. From a user point of view, their action simply re-enabled the forum subscription for my current account.
As David said, bizarre, but it works now.
Jim
Jim SwiftParticipantThanks for the followup. No worries, it’s all good now.
Jim
Jim SwiftParticipantJust an update to say that the access issue has been resolved.
I finally heard from prsupport with the news that they had created a new account for me in the prelease program. That’s a bit of a puzzle because everything seemed to indicate I was subscribed.But all is resolved now.
Just posting this in case anyone else has a similar problem.
Jim
Jim SwiftParticipantMany thanks for you help with this David, very much appreciated.
Thanks also for the reassurance about it being unlikely that I was dropped from the program.Yes, I have tried different browsers, cleared cache, and also used incognito mode. But the result is always the same!!
I even tried to login using my Ipadpro. There I was asked to confirm my identity with code sent by email. which I did.But the result was still the same. No access to the forums.
Is there a contact in the pre-release who might help to let me know my status?
Jim SwiftParticipantThanks, David.
InDesign Prerelease is shown in My Programs, but not in Available Programs.
The InDesign Prerelease button has a button View Program, not Rejoin.One of the things I tried was to unsubscribe and Rejoin, but that did not help!!
It’s very puzzling why I do not have access. I feels like I have been dropped/barred from the program, but no-one will say why?
Jim
Jim SwiftParticipantVery many thanks, David.
When I am logged in to that page: https://www.adobeprerelease.com/, it shows I am subscribed to the InDesign Prerelease Program.
But when I try to access the forums, I am brought back to that “welcome” page. And InDesign is not shown for me in the list of available Pre-relates versions. I only see Illustrator.Do you have a contact who I could ask why I seem to have been restricted from accessing the 19.4 build or the pre-release forums?
Thanks
Jim
Jim SwiftParticipantThanks for the earlier replies, Steve. It turns out that the Beta version that I was able to download is not a pre-release version, it;s the current V 19.3.
There is another “Prelease” option further along but InDesign is not listed as an option for me. So it looks as though I am no longer allowed to subscribe to the InDesign Pre-release program.
I have tried contacting prsupport@adobe.com but have never had a reply to any of my queries.
I am not aware of doing anything to violate the Terms and Conditions, and no one has told me that I am not allowed to subscribe.If anyone know of any way to find out what is going on, that would be great.
Thanks
Jim
Jim SwiftParticipantDid you ever get an answer to this question, Marcus?
The link to the old 2011 page at blogs.adobe.. no longer works.
I just need to have the Pali language (lang=”pi”) available in the drop down menu for Languages.
Jim SwiftParticipantI do not know if that’s the case, Steve.
But I found a , not very visible, chat option on the Pre-release program page.
I explained the problem and they just asked me to log out and log in again.
This time, the Creative Cloud app had a different appearance and the Apps menu showed across the top of the page.
I suppose they changed something on the account, because now there was a Beta option and I was able to install the Pre-release version.Problem solved
Thanks for the replies.
Jim
-
AuthorPosts
