This Month in InDesign Articles, April 2019
Everyone has been wondering how the final season of Game of Thrones will end, but to my mind it’s obvious: John Snow gives up the sword, learns InDesign, ends up at The InDesign Conference, becomes a power user, and takes over the 7 kingdoms. After all, we all know that InDesign is mightier than the white walkers, right?
In the meantime, while we wait to find out if I’m right, here are some articles for you:
- Did you know that Envato Elements has over 3,000 InDesign templates you can choose from? For a relatively low fee, you can get “all you can eat!”
- Frustrated that 100% in InDesign doesn’t result in exactly the right size on screen? You need this script!
- If you’re into scripting or developing tools for InDesign, you definitely need to read: The Future of ExtendScript Development: A VSCode Plugin and also this: Adobe has open sourced their Spectrum UI CSS.
- Oh, one more for any developer/scripter types: Sign Up for the Creative Cloud Developer Newsletter
- I found this email from typography.com (Hoefler) to be a fascinating look at one of typography’s more subtle optical illusions.
- Like fonts? Thank you to Jamie McKee for pointing out this great article about the fascinating history of classic fonts.
- Do you live in Australia? Interested in furthering your design education? Here’s a must-see resource guide!
- If you’re a photographer and you want to use InDesign to make a printed album/book, there’s a free 90-minute tutorial by Andy Graber here.
- Hey, there’s a new version of Diane Burns’ Publish Online training course!
- Not directly about InDesign, but this was a fun article about The Miraculous Trajectory of Adobe Flash.
- Interesting: 90-minute “Crash Course in Design Thinking” from Stanford’s d.school
- Need to make interactive forms that work with Adobe Sign? This looks like it will definitely help!
- You know about our InDesignSecrets YouTube channel, right? Well, there are many other awesome ID videos out there, including those from Dansky