Targeting Character Ranges with GREP
This article is for members only. To continue reading, please sign in, or sign up for a membership today. Thanks for supporting CreativePro!
BECOME A MEMBER
CreativePro membership keeps you up-to-date with the technology, solutions, and resources to strengthen your professional development.
For just $6.50/month (billed annually), you’ll get access to valuable benefits, including:
- 12 monthly issues of CreativePro Magazine, filled with practical, real-world tutorials written by experts
- Downloadable resources including templates, fonts, scripts, design assets, cheat sheets, and more
- Hundreds of members-only tutorial and tip articles
- Top Tips for InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator ebook collection
- Discounts on events and books
- and more...
You must using the capturing group (…) and word boundaries b in order to limit the search to the exact range.
b(3[6-9]|4[0-9]|5[0-2])b Matches the range 36-52
But 3[6-9]|4[0-9]|5[0-2] matches every 36, 37, 38, …to 52, in any scalar sequence, such as: 136-152, and 360-520