Digital Anarchy, a leading provider of cost-effective software for photographers and digital artists, today announced their new Beauty Box Photo skin retouching software. The plugin provides an automatic, easy, and inexpensive way of smoothing skin and removing blemishes in photographs. Beauty Box Photo 1.0 is fully compatible with Adobe Photoshop CS5 and earlier versions of Photoshop and Elements.
“Beauty Box Photo is a follow-up to our very popular video retouching tool for After Effects CS5.” said Jim Tierney, president of Digital Anarchy. “We feel that the new Photoshop tool is priced with a broad range of photographers in mind. Our goal is to make image enhancement much easier, while maintaining professional quality at a very reasonable price.”
The Beauty Box skin retouching plugin performs fast, automatic skin retouching and smoothing. The software automatically identifies skin tones and creates an intelligent mask that limits the smoothing effect to skin areas while keeping facial details razor sharp. This process requires minimal input from the user and in many cases is fully automatic. Beauty Box Photo gets it render speed from new technology from Toonamation, Inc. and takes advantage of GPUs and nVidia’s CUDA. Whether it is used for a glamour shoot, senior portraits or just a personal photo, Beauty Box achieves a consistently professional result.
Practical Features of Beauty Box Photo include:
• Automatic Mask: The Auto-Mask button automatically creates an underlying mask.
• Smart Skin Smoothing: Adjust the skin smoothing effects with three Smoothing controls.
• Batch Processing: Let Beauty Box set the mask and smoothing automatically for batch processing hundreds of images.
• Control Over Mask: Make changes to the mask with advanced Mask tools (though generally you won’t need to!).
• Detail Sharpening: Use fine-tuning controls to preserve important details like hair, eyelashes and jewelry.
• Add Texture: Bring back skin texture, like pore structure, that can be lost because of the smoothing.
• Super-Fast Processing: Beauty Box uses GPUs and nVidia’s CUDA to increase render performance.
Pricing and Availability
Beauty Box is regularly priced at USD $99. The product is on sale for $79 through June 21, 2010. The skin retouching software works in Photoshop 7.0–CS5 and Photoshop Elements 6.0–9.0. On Macintosh, the product runs on OS 10.4, 10.5 and 10.6. On Windows, the product supports Windows XP Home, Windows XP Pro, Vista 32-bit, Vista 64-bit and Windows 7. Demo filters and samples are available at www.digitalanarchy.com.