InDesign CC 2019 Updated
Adobe has released the first update to InDesign CC 2019 (14.0.1).
You’re going to want to run this one soon, because it fixes a host of issues, including the aggravating Text tool pause when you start up InDesign. Here’s the official list.
- InDesign crashes while importing certain Word files.
- InDesign crashes while switching context after dismissing Tint slide in the Properties panel.
- Adding or changing formatting of text in an anchored text box with Auto-fit Height enabled causes InDesign to crash.
- InDesign crashes on launch in certain scenarios.
- InDesign crashes while importing some PNG files.
- InDesign crashes while opening Styles drop-down from Properties panel for some specific fonts.
- InDesign crashes while using Content-Aware Fit in certain conditions.
- InDesign crashes while moving text frames with Indent To Here and Baseline Grid alignment.
Key issues fixed
- Text tool response is delayed on application start up and while switching to Text tool.
- Color settings in InDesign revert to default.
- Applying font style from the Find More tab appends style name in the font family field.
- Unable to apply font if fonts are filtered by Activated Adobe Fonts in Find More tab.
- Unable to export PDF with some presets, when a PDF containing embedded Type 3 fonts is placed in the document.
- Control Panel, when un-docked, becomes blank upon resizing.
- Extra space is added between characters while creating outline.
- Clicking document installed font from the fonts list displays a message to “Activate Font” and does not change font.
- Export to PDF converts text with certain fonts to All Caps.
- Nested styles do not work as expected.
You can see this list, plus the many fixes that were included with the first release of InDesign CC 2019 (14.0), here.