5 Tips for Better Tables
Use these 5 quick tips to improve the appearance and usability of your InDesign tables.
1. Break out of Data Prison
Use the proxy preview to determine which strokes are being affected. Right-click the preview proxy.
2. Emphasize the Reading Direction
3. Keep it Simple
• Abbreviate details where possible.
• Use a condensed font to keep the data compact and easy to scan.
• Turn off hyphenation.
• Select Ignore Optical Margin Alignment
4. Use Tabular Lining Numbers
To ensure that figures align within cells, if you’re using a typeface with different numbering styles, be sure to use Tabular numbers. Also, consider using a Figure Space to fine-tune alignment.
5. Be Flexible About Alignment