Forum Replies Created
-
AuthorPosts
-
Anne-Marie ConcepcionMemberYou need to apply the liquid layout rule to the manuscript’s master page, and set the document pages to be “according to Master”.
But I’m not sure why you’re making alternate layouts for an EPUB, that’s not necessary. Is this a DPS project?
AM
Anne-Marie ConcepcionMemberI don’t know any other way than what you describe, unfortunately.
If I were you, I would be tempted to get a quote from a company that does this kind of thing all the time and has scripts and techniques already set up. For example, eBook Architects (now part of Firebrand) would be one I’d ask a quote from. You could always give them 5 or so, see how they do.
AM
July 12, 2014 at 7:58 pm in reply to: apply character style from subfolder – Find/change by list with applescript #69481
Anne-Marie ConcepcionMemberMy guess: Try applied.characterStyleGroups.”gruppe”.applied.characterStyles.”peter”
AM
Anne-Marie ConcepcionMemberFixed layout epub format is too new for general “downloading from our website” imo, unless you put up big notices about how it’s diff than a reflowable and what apps to use etc.
But fwiw, Google Play on Android should be able to open and read them but I haven’t tested myself:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.apps.books&hl=enFixed layout is more for uploading to iBookstore for now, anyone purchasing from there should be able to read it on their iPad or Mac.
AM
Anne-Marie ConcepcionMemberThe updated version of my lynda.com video title on creating a fixed layout epub is out. I added a short chapter on CC2014, and a few new videos for previous InDesign versions.
https://www.lynda.com/Dreamweaver-tutorials/Creating-Fixed-Layout-EPUB/94249-2.html
Look for the blue “NEW” tags next to the new vids.
Anne-Marie ConcepcionMemberNicole, Tom’s address is working fine for me, I just checked.
what’s the latest bounce message?
I know this must be frustrating.
You realize this is the incorrect address, right? “Please check the message recipient tom.vene@livrospraja.com and try again.”
Anne-Marie ConcepcionMemberYou can do a Find/Change to delete them all. Find: ^n (that’s the code for a forced line break) and leave the Change blank. Choose Document in the dropdown so it does the find/change in all the stories, rather than only the active one.
A bit of advice, sometimes I force a line break between words and delete the space between them. When I delete all forced line breaks then some words end up concatenated likethis. So instead of just deleting them, I usually replace all forced line breaks with a single space, then I do another Find/Change that changes all double spaces to a single space.
AM
-
AuthorPosts
