view the transcript of this podcast.
In this episode:
- AM’s field report from the Edward Tufte one-day course
- Huge InDesign Magazine issue coming up, all about Adobe DPS
- Interview with Ben Schott, author of Miscellany and Schottenfreude
- Hidden uses for Live Preflight
- Obscure InDesign Feature of the Week: Entry End
News and special offers from our sponsors:
>> PePcon: The Print + ePublishing Conference is the place to be to learn more about using Adobe InDesign for print, PDF, epub, and tablet publication projects. Come to Chicago June 15–18 and join us and hundreds of your hard-working colleagues from around the world, from all sorts of companies and universities, all there for the same purpose: to learn, to share, and be inspired. Special for InDesignSecrets podcast listeners: Use the coupon code CH73G to receive $50 off your PePcon registration!
>> The long-running InDesign Conference is now part of the InDesignSecrets family, and plans are in the works for the next event. We’ll make an announcement in the upcoming few months. Keep an eye on the blog and in your email’s inbox!
- Edward Tufte’s books on Amazon
- InDesign Magazine
- InDesignSecrets membership
- Ben Schott’s site and Wikipedia page
- Blog posts on dotted tab leaders here and here
- How to convert to outlines when exporting EPS
- Check out all our posts on preflight in InDesign
- David’s Blatner Tools has a Quality Assurance module
- Other Preflight utilities: Zevrix’s InPreflight and Markzware’s Flightcheck
Here are some of examples of Ben Schott’s writing and artwork (click each thumbnail to enlarge):
Join / Sign In
Already a Member?