Recorded live at the 2007 InDesign Conference in New York City!
- Intro to the podcast, how it’s usually created (when not in front of a live audience)
- News: This conference, New plug-ins for CS3, New InDesign user group in London, UK
- Who in the audience traveled the furthest to the conference?
- Q&A from the audience: Converting CS3 to CS2 and CS2 to CS1, Editing .inx files
- Live Quizzler: How many ways can you duplicate an object in InDesign? (answers below)
- Obscure InDesign Feature of the Week: Convert to Text
Links mentioned in the Podcast:
- Audacity open-source audio recording software
- Teacup Software (PatternMaker and BarcodeMaker plug-ins)
- Typefi (free AutoFit plug-in)
- London InDesign User Group
- Brazilian InDesign Blog
- PitStop Professional from Enfocus Software
- Adding the Notes plug-ins to InDesign CS2
From our genius studio audience: Cut/copy paste, Step and repeat, Alt/Option-drag, Cut/copy Paste in place, Cut/copy Paste into, Duplicate, Transform > Move (with Copy button), Duplicate a layer containing the object, Alt/Option-drag the object’s layer proxy to a new layer, Export snippet and place it back in, Drag it into a Library and drag it back onto the layout, Use it in PatternMaker, Duplicate the page or spread containing the object, Use it on a Master page and then override it on the document page, Option/Alt-arrow key.
From David: File > Export to .inx then copy and paste the call to the object elsewhere in the .inx file, save it and then open it in InDesign.
From Anne-Marie: Paste object into first row of table, convert row to a Header row, then continue table into a new frame and the object gets duplicated in the second frame’s Header row.
Two more from David: Hold down the Option/Alt key when pressing Return/Enter after editing any transform field; or Copy object to clipboard, then use Find/Change text (Find: any character or string, Change: Clipboard contents).
Wow! Who knew there were so many ways? Listen to the podcast to learn who won the contest.
Listener Comment Line: +1-206-888-INDY (-4639)
Talk to us, baby: Leave a message!
Join / Sign In
Already a Member?