PORTLAND, Ore. — February 19, 2014 —Extensis released today a new update for Suitcase Fusion™ 5, the professional-grade font manager which integrates fonts directly into the creative workflow. This latest update advances features which foster design inspiration, including a new Fontspiration™ panel which showcases the latest and most cutting edge typography. The update also doubles the collection of QuickComp™ templates, a new feature introduced in Suitcase Fusion 5 that allows designers to quickly experiment and pair typefaces in print or Web templates.
The free update is available from Suitcase Fusion’s in application update menu, or by downloading the installer from Extensis’ Web site.
Suitcase Fusion 5: What’s New in Version 16.2
New Fontspiration Panel Provides Window into Cutting Edge Typography
Graphic design moves at the speed of the web. New, gorgeous typefaces are released and quickly make it into the most cutting edge designs. The new Fontspiration™ panel gives designers a window into the latest in typography, in addition to cutting edge designs of the past, present and future. With the panel, designers can:
- Locate new and interesting fonts for their creative work
- See what other creative pros are using in real-world projects
- Explore the boundaries of lettering, typography and fonts in design
- Dig into what professionals from bygone eras have learned about type
Double the QuickComp Templates for Quick and Easy Mock-Ups
Introduced in Suitcase Fusion 5, QuickComp enables designers to quickly experiment and pair typefaces without having to activate their whole font collection, bounce between applications, and version documents repeatedly. With QuickComp, designers can experiment with headline and body copy pairings side-by-side in print or web templates directly in Suitcase Fusion 5. Samples can be saved to PDF font proofs for easy sharing.
Since its debut, Extensis has doubled the library of QuickComp templates, giving designers more options to get started quickly.
The Command Center for Fonts
Suitcase Fusion 5 provides a central hub for designers to take full control of their font collection (desktop, web and beyond). Providing instant access to the font tools designers need in all the places they need them, key features include:
- Auto-activation plug-ins for Adobe® Creative Cloud™ , Adobe Creative Suite™ , and QuarkXPress®
- QuickComp for fast font mock-ups
- QuickMatch™ for finding similar fonts fast
- Connections to both WebINK® and Google Font libraries, allowing designers to preview and prototype with the ever-expanding collection of over 6500 web fonts available from these services
- Mac OS X Mavericks (10.9) and Windows 8.1 support
Today’s update for Suitcase Fusion 5 is available as a free update for current users.
Suitcase Fusion 5 is available to new users as a 30-day free trial download. Try it before you buy it.
Full product and upgrades are available through all IT resellers and retailers, and direct from the Extensis website.
Suitcase Fusion 5 is offered in English, French, German, Japanese, Italian, Spanish and Brazilian Portuguese. For more information, visit http://www.extensis.com/suitcase-fusion/.Tags